Thursday, January 13, 2011

All we need is LOVE....





The Beatles said it best...:All We Need is Love"


I sat down at my computer today, like I have for the past few days, and waited for the flood of thoughts to begin. I sat, and I sat, and I sat. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. So I shut my eyes and just sat and listened to the music playing in the background. It was so peaceful.


I was filled with an overwhelming sense of gratitude. Gratitude for all that I have and for the journey I've been on. I have transformed from an sometimes angry, depressed and fearful person into someone joyful, loving and thankful. I'm not completely fearless, but I face my fears today, instead of hiding from them. 

How did this happen? How did I turn things around for myself? How can someone go from the depths of a personal Hell to soaring in the sky joyfulness? It took a lot of soul searching and tears. It took a lot of falling down and getting back up again. I always had the falling down part right, but it was the getting back up that I normally struggled with.

I got help from dfferent sources. The Divine,  my dear Friend E, my patient Mr. Man,  a large number of books and an even larger number of bloggers. There was one person in paticular that helped me the most. That person was me.

I was the one who allowed this transformation to take place. I was the one who told the bully living inside of me to get lost and I am the one who makes sure that bully stays lost. I have learned how to love and protect myself. I have moved from a person who really hated herself to person who embraces who she is and loves her regardless of any mistakes she may have or will make.

I wish that everyone in this world could just love themselves. What a wonderful world that would be. I wish I could help those that struggle with this. I for one know that no one can love themselves till they are ready. I can share my story till I'm blue in the face and if someone isn't ready to love themself my words will just get lost. Believe me, many words were lost to me. Just ask E. Poor kid. She tried for a long time to get me to see that I was worthy. No luck.



I am worthy. You are worthy. EVERYONE is worthy. EVERYONE! 

I hope that today you all know what it feels like to fully love and accept yourself. And if you're not there yet, I hope that day comes soon. Today I plan to finish my quiet time by sitting and sharing this loving energy to those people in the world who are living in darkness and fear. Living shiny is a gift we all should possess.


Self Love is a battlefield!!! Someday we love with deep passion and others to hate ourselves is easy as pie...lol


They say the one you love the most is the one you hurt the most often.   Just saying... 


Much Love
Bridget-

1 comment: